QuickBooks Error 15271 is a standard error. That error code displays a message, i.e., “QuickBooks Error 15271: The payroll update did not complete successfully. A file cannot be validated” while the operator tried to open a company file.
It means such the user has not sufficient authorization to delete the data from the specific folder. You must have the read/write also create/remove the right to access the company file.
Possible reasons for QuickBooks Error 15271
- User tries to open file with right-click rather than from inner QuickBooks
- The company file extension has been changing
- QuickBooks File is damaged
- QuickBooks detects file damage at the time of installation
- Third-party Firewall not configured for QB
- User tries to open a portable file without open the application
- Application Bit defender is in use which blocks specific ports by failure.
- Maybe the user is trying to open the file using a flash drive. Copy the file to hard-drive and then open the file. That might resolve the error.
- If the error erupts during QuickBooks installation, re-download the program and then open the file.
- QuickBooks never opens in old updates. Check for the latest updates, install, and get started.
- Double-click is undoubtedly a no-no to open any Company file. Open all data within the application.
- Modify Firewall Rules to allow Ports about QB
- Configure Bit defender to allow QB Desktop communication
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 15271
- QuickBooks is unable to read your company file because the file extension has changed.
- It can also happen due to the damage of QuickBooks installation.
- Invalid QuickBooks for Windows file extension: .qbm, .qbb, .qbx
- If you used are third party firewall which not designed for QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks Error 15271 may occur when you work on a file located on the USB flash drive.
- It detects damage in your company file while installing QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Error Code 15271 usually appears while attempt to upgrade the software or tables of payroll. Here are two messages joined by this error are-
- A document cannot be legitimate due to incomplete payroll updates.
- A record cannot be endorsed due to incomplete payroll updates.
Elicits of QuickBooks Error 15271:
- If QuickBooks Pro is partially installing or thou computer or the downloading software file is corrupt.
- If windows registration becomes corrupted as an outcome of a recent change in QB pro related software.
- Corruption in Windows file system or program files connected to QuickBooks pro as a result of virus or malware infection.
- If QuickBooks pro linked files get incorrectly or spitefully deleted by another program.
Features, Stellar Repair for QuickBooks Software
- Unique and multi-functional QB files recovery tool mends all errors as available in the system and enables the opening of the Company file. This software recovers all components of the Company, customers, vendors, and employees.
- Supports multiple currencies hence valid across most languages
- Supports versions as old as 2007 to the latest 2019 and compatible with all versions including Simple Start, Premier, Professional and Enterprise Editions
- Provides a preview of recoverable data for content verification
- If required, supports the recovery of data from QuickBooks backup file
- Promotes file-finding from the available folders
If still, you have the same issue then contact to QuickBooks Proadvisor team.